The Laura Pan
2018 Inaugural Award
The Laura Pan Scholarship Award is given to one outstanding Healthy Start worker each year who provides direct services and has:
- Gone above and beyond to make a positive impact on improving the health of mothers and babies;
- Demonstrated passion and dedication to her clients; and
- Been a true model of the heart of Healthy Start.
The award is made in honor of Laura Pan who helped create and worked extensively with Healthy Start at the Florida Department of Health in Tallahassee for more than 25 years. Laura was respected by everyone for her integrity, honesty, and passion for the Healthy Start program. Laura had a special gift of uniting people to make a positive impact on Florida’s mothers and babies.
The awardee will receive:
- $3,000 scholarship for continuing education
- Induction into the Healthy Start “Angels of Fame”
From June 1 – 30 nominations may be made online at www.HealthyStartFlorida.com. Each Coalition may submit one nomination.
The award selection committee will include 5 current or former/retired representatives from the Florida Association of Healthy Start Coalitions, the Florida Department of Health in Tallahassee and MIECHV.
The winner of the award will be announced at the Summer meeting of the Florida Association of Healthy Start Coalitions.