Job Title: Director of Analytics
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: COO
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 25th, 2022.
Under the general direction of the Chief Operations Officer of the Healthy Start MomCare Network, Inc. (HSMN) and the Florida Association of Healthy Start Coalitions (FAHSC), the Director of Analytics is responsible for leading the development and implementation of the organization’s security, compliance,
State Medicaid claims submissions, HRSA federal reporting submissions and data/information quality assurance. As a member of the senior staff, this position, in cooperation with other senior staff members, advises the Executive Team on utilizing data and information to make informed policy and program decisions; is responsible for fostering a team-oriented work environment, while giving priority to providing support to local Healthy Start Coalitions serving pregnant women/people, children 0-3 years, and their families.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensuring operational and program compliance with policies and procedures, as well as with those external regulatory bodies such as HRSA, HIPAA, OSHA, etc.
- Developing and maintaining appropriate data security and compliance standards and workflows throughout the organization.
- Overseeing the State Medicaid claims submission process to ensure accuracy of claims and payments.
- Overseeing any consultant contract and operations pertaining to Medicaid claims.
- Overseeing the Federal reporting of performance measures to HRSA and other external regulatory bodies.
- Supervising two positions: the Data Manager of Federal Grants and the Data Manager of State Grants.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct and/or oversee data analytics.
- Compile and/or oversee the production of data reports on services, outcomes, data quality, and Medicaid claims utilization and trends as requested by the executive management team, Board of Directors, and funders
- Information Technology (IT)
- Assist the COO to ensure that IT vendors responsible for program data systems (including FLOHVIS and Well Family System and future EVV).
- Oversee all data system changes and ensure a log of changes is maintained
- Oversee Medicaid claims submissions, quality assurance, and technical assistance.
- Research new technology needs (i.e., EVV), implement RFPs, select vendors in consultation with the executive management team.
- Assist the privacy officer to ensure compliance and receive/process any reports of violations received from staff, subcontracted providers, vendors, and any whistle blowers.
- Ensure HIPAA compliance.
- Assist with HITRUST certification.
- Ensure compliance with security policies, procedures, and requirements in contracts and business associate agreements.
- Ensure all appropriate contracts have legally approved business associate agreements, security agreements, and/or confidentiality agreements.
- Ensure data system users complete the annual security agreement every July to maintain access to the data system.
- Assist the COO in developing security policies and procedures, updates to BAAs and security agreements, and oversee implementation and reporting.
- Review and approve all vendor contracts, invoices, funder reports prior to sending to the COO for approval.
- Ensure a tracking system is in place so contractors do not get paid over the contract amount.
- Ensure legally approved contract templates are used and any significant changes are reviewed by the COO.
- Ensure there is a contract checklist created for every contract and a minimum annual quality check performed for compliance and contract files are complete/up to date.
- Leadership and Talent Management
- Contributes to the Senior Management Team’s efforts to promote an organizational culture of collaboration, open and frequent communication, adaptation, alignment with a common vision, and celebration of success in achieving specific project and broader organizational objectives
- Committees and Board of Directors
- Provide reports to the Board of Directors as requested by the COO
- Ensure that assigned committees are staffed to prepare agendas and minutes in coordination with the COO and committee chair(s).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to prioritize workload and function effectively within and outside the office in a cross-cultural, interdisciplinary environment
- Ability to work under pressure to complete multiple tasks, meet demands and deadlines with a positive, constructive attitude
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters and respond as required
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel
- Strong SQL skills.
- Understanding of legal language in all types of business contracts and risk assessment
- Ability to manage a heavy workload and perform effectively managing numerous significant responsibilities and challenges with competing priorities.
- Background in and working knowledge of computerized management information systems.
- Experience extracting and analyzing data from multiple sources.
- Experience developing reports and/or dashboards for presenting findings.
- Demonstrate proven ability in organizational development, information technology, business transformation, and project management.
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in a science related field (Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science). Master’s degree preferred with at least 5 years of progressively evolving data management and team leadership in a service-oriented organization. Strong leadership, organizational, and
excellent written and oral communication skills. Informatics, data analysis, and security experience strongly preferred as well as Medicaid claims submissions and working with vendors on data system development . Previous contract management experience, a plus.
COMPUTER EQUIPMENT AND SOFTWARE:
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, Outlook (required)
- SQL database programming
- Tableau or other visualization software experience – a plus
- Local and statewide travel is required to attend meetings.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a safe driving record, having reliable transportation and carrying your own car insurance.
- Prior to hiring, candidate will be fingerprinted and a background screening will be conducted.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear and use hands and fingers to operate and handle keyboards and controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and mid-range vision.