Florida Association Of Healthy Start Coalitions, Inc.
Healthy Start Momcare Network, Inc.
Administrative Service Organization
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Title: Data Analyst
Department: Administrative Services
Unit: Data Management
Location: Tallahassee, Florida
Salary Range: $40,000 – $50,000
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports To: Director Of Informatics
The Data Analyst is responsible for compiling, interpreting, and analyzing data to ensure Healthy Start program compliance with contract requirements. The Data Analyst is responsible for identifying trends and addressing issues in order to optimize program efficiency. The Data Analyst is required to work independently using critical thinking and discretion to make recommendations and keep management informed on data system trends and issues and comply with organizational policies and procedures.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assists with the liaison of the data system contractor on operational and data quality issues.
- Achieves and maintains working knowledge of contract requirements regarding business rules for data entry, claims payment, and compliance reporting.
- Gather necessary data and claims information for payment of claims to Healthy Start Coalitions. Prepares the payment statements and all backup information required for payment.
- Identify and recommend resolutions involving data submission and payment issues including, but not limited to, potential quality issues in the way data is collected stored, processed or used.
- Develops appropriate algorithms and/or protocols regarding data input and the assignment of codes to ensure standardization of data entry and reporting.
- Design, collect, analyze and report on data quality assurance. Develop a statewide report card on critical metrics
- Manage agent roles in the Medicaid Fiscal Agent Claims System.
- Assist in the preparation of necessary data driven reports for contractual compliance.
- Assist in continuous quality improvement activities regarding the approved data used for invoicing for Medicaid services and Medicaid claims reports, including researching and analyzing Medicaid claims reports to determine statewide trends and potential missing or incomplete data.
- Reconciles the statewide approved data base used for payment with the Medicaid claim reports.
- Monitors statewide monthly payments, including submitted claims by fee type to provide trend analysis for the year as compared to previous years to determine trends in volume and claims payments.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Informatics Director.
- Works with significant degree of autonomy and discretion.
- Experience extracting and manipulating data from multiple sources.
- Experience developing reports and/or dashboards and presenting the findings.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Microsoft Excel (vlookups, pivot tables, etc.) and Word.
- Completes other projects assigned.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to effectively and independently organize assigned work activities and to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage contacts with the public in a professional, tactful, courteous, and effective manner and to maintain effective working relationships with clients and other employees.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, majoring in a relevant discipline (e.g. Mathematics, Economics, Statistics, Computer Science or related field) and 2-3 years of overall data analysis experience with at least 1 year analyzing health claims data.
- Forward thinking
- Attention to detail
- Excellent oral/written communication
- Problem solver
- Personal credibility
- Stress management
- Fostering teamwork
- Diagnostic information gathering
- Conceptual thinking
- Initiative Thoroughness
- Interpersonal awareness
- Upon hiring, candidate will be finger-printed and a background screening will be conducted.
- This position is in Tallahassee, Florida.
Physical Demands And Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate and handle keyboards and controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com