FLORIDA ASSOCIATION OF HEALTHY START COALITIONS, INC.
HEALTHY START MOMCARE NETWORK, INC.
ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE ORGANIZATION
Job Title: Contract Specialist New Hire Range: $40,000-$45,000
Reports To: Director, Contracts and Grants Status: Exempt
General Position Purpose:
The Contract Specialist is responsible for supporting the development, monitoring, monthly/quarterly report and payment processing, general oversight, and compliance maintenance related to federal, state, and privately-funded provider agreements and partner contracts. This includes ongoing review and documentation of administrative, fiscal and programmatic compliance maintenance. The Contract Specialist is required to work independently, and is responsible for complying with all applicable policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Contract Specialist duties and responsibilities are as follows:
- Facilitate federal, state, and privately-funded subrecipient agreement development through to execution, including related renewals and amendments and updates to agreement attachment documents as assigned by the Sr Contract Manager or Director;
- Prepare an annual Risk Assessment update to assist with determining the annual monitoring approach, either desk or on-site;
- Coordinate with other program staff to assist in updating and implementing established monitoring tools;
- Coordinate with staff, model developers and subrecipients to coordinate annual monitoring, which may be conducted via desk or on-site;
- Facilitate monitoring report development; prepare draft reports; finalize reports; disseminate reports, monitoring follow-up reporting; facilitate follow-up report development and disseminate follow-up reports within established timelines;
- Receive and process monthly Census and Data Quality Reports (CDQR) and coordinate with the Data Manager to ensure timely and accurate data reporting. Monitor FTE reporting in accordance with approved budget. Monitor and report subrecipient direct services staff retention;
- Process quarterly reporting, which includes; expenditures tracking to ensure compliance with approved budget; verification of receipt of required reports; compliance with agreement performance expectations; and review/approval of payment requests;
- Conduct quarterly administrative and fiscal monitoring;
- Review audit reports and record assessment for Risk Assessment;
- Assist with preparing and disseminating quarterly contract management reports, which include: Contract Management Summary Report, Quarterly Expenditures Report Summary; Quarterly CDQR Summary and Subrecipient Quarterly and Agreement Period Performance Report;
- Responsible for maintenance of the contract filing system in accordance with established methods of filing;
- Assist subrecipients in the provision of on-going technical assistance related to agreement requirements and performance expectations;
- Assist the Director of Contracts and Grants and CFO in the creation of program or contract management/maintenance reports as requested;
- Keep Director of Contracts and Grants apprised of work progress and policy concerns related to assigned agreements;
- Participate in staff meetings; and
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Contracts and Grants.
Skills & Abilities:
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail oriented and able to effectively manage multiple tasks and timelines.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently, and keep Director apprised of policy, expenditures and subrecipient performance concerns.
- Ability to be flexible while continuing to represent the FAHSC and HSMN in a professional manner.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, in particular Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Team member with quality service delivery focus.
- Excellent verbal/written communication
- Problem solver
- Interpersonal awareness
- Personal credibility
- Stress management
- Fostering teamwork
- Customer oriented
- Information gathering
- Results oriented
- Conceptual thinking
- Technical expertise
Required: Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree, majoring in a relevant discipline (e.g. public health, social services, early childhood education, or a related field), and 1 to 3 years of experience working with the management/maintenance of grant agreements or contract(s). Experience working in a contract management setting can substitute for the required education on a year-for-year basis. Preferred: Contract management certification (FCCM, CCMP, etc.) and 3 to 5 years of experience in a contract management setting.
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, talk, hear, and use hands and fingers to operate and handle keyboards and controls. The employee is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Upon hiring, the candidate will be finger printed and a background screening will be conducted.
- This position requires statewide travel. This position is located in Tallahassee, Florida.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $40,000.00 to $45,000.00 /year
- One location
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement plan