POSITION: Vice President of Operations
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
STATUS: Full time-Exempt
This senior leadership position plays a significant role in managing staff and overseeing various departmental operations. The Vice President’s responsibilities include overseeing internal operations, helping to build strong partner relationships, maximizing the organization’s operating performance, and helping to achieve the organization’s program and financial goals. The Vice President in coordination with the CEO plans, develops and enforces policies and objectives for the organization to ensure it maintains its values and meets established goals. The vice president supports the company’s CEO and must be able to step in when the CEO is away from the office or otherwise unavailable.
- Master’s degree preferred in social services, public health, maternal and child health, business administration, public policy, or related field.
- With a Masters, a minimum of five years professional management experience in the non-profit sector.
- At a minimum a Bachelor’s degree in social services, public health, maternal and child health, business administration, public policy or related field.
- Experience and working knowledge of program and contract management, planning, and budgeting.
- Experience working with diverse communities, organizations, and agencies.
- Strong experience in personnel supervision and management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated executive leadership
- Analytical problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Impeccable judgment and ability to make sound decisions in a fast-paced, dynamic setting.
- Strategic mindset with ability to multitask
- Ability to set overall strategy and drive process improvement.
- Current knowledge and experience in Maternal Child Health is preferred
- Strong business acumen with a broad understanding of fundamental business principles.
- Working knowledge of contract management and auditing, including budget and expenditures monitoring
- Proficiency in computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Ability to represent the Coalition in the community in a professional manner
- Knowledge of local health and human service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Executive level presentation skills and ability to handle high-level partner interactions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Experience working with Boards
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Requires reliable transportation, valid drivers’ license, good driving record and automobile insurance for travel throughout Broward County; requires travel for training and conferences
- Leads the daily operations of the organization
- Oversight of Strategic Planning to meet Service Delivery Plan Goals
- Supervision of Program and Finance Departments
- Hires, trains, and mentors supervisory staff with the assistance of the HR Manager.
- Creates and nurtures effective communication within the organization.
- Builds a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Initiates and sets goals for programs based on the organization’s strategic objectives.
- Working closely with the Program and Finance staff ensure expenditures are on track.
- Ensures that all finances are being maintained according to state and federal regulations.
- Oversight of each department’s budget. allocating department budgets and redistributing funds to departments that are running over or under budget.
- Ensures organization’s subcontracted service delivery contracts are being monitored and in compliance.
- Communicates professionally with local and state health and human service provider leadership on programs, contracts, and service related issues.
- Interacts with the Coalition’s Board of Directors to communicate on program and funding recommendations, program performance, and answer questions.
- Generates detailed documents and reports for the CEO in preparation for Board meetings.
- Reviews and approves invoices for payment and assures compliance with the approved budget.
- Reviews department expenditure requests and approves for payment.
- Oversees organizational planning and framework for procurement of programs
- Assists in the development of grant proposals; researches initiatives, approaches, and best practices in programs and services
- Provides executive level staff assistance to the CEO in specially assigned areas of operation; assists and advises on matters pertaining to contracts, programs, budget, and/or assigned projects.
- Plans, coordinates, and directs the work of subordinates.
- Assures communication coming from the organization to the community is reviewed for professional and accurate content prior to release and distribution. content prior to release and distribution.
- Leading, guiding, directing, and evaluating the work of other employees, such as directors and managers, and ensuring a healthy working environment
- Performs other related work as required.