TALLAHASSEE – Healthy Start Florida is seeking donations of pre-mixed baby formula and baby bottles with disposable liners for families with babies in hurricane-affects areas. Many families have been displaced from their homes, and baby supplies are in short supply.
Since some areas lack access to safe drinking water, Healthy Start requests only pre-mixed – not powdered formula. To speed delivery of the critically needed baby supplies, those donating are asked to please purchase the items online and request for them to be shipped directly to one of the Healthy Start locations listed below.
- Healthy Start Coalition of Southwest Florida, 1921 Jefferson Ave, Fort Myers, FL 33901 (Lee, Collier, Glades, Hendry Counties), website: healthystartbaby.org
- Charlotte County Healthy Start Coalition, c/o Magi Cooper, Executive Director, 24440 Lakeview Place, Port Charlotte, FL 33980, website: cchsfl.org
- Healthy Start Coalition of Sarasota County, 1750 17th St Building A, Sarasota, FL 34234, website: healthystartsarasota.org
- Healthy Start Coalition of Manatee County, 612 7th St W, Palmetto, FL 34221, website: hsmanatee.com
- Healthy Start Coalition of Hardee, Highlands, Polk Counties, 115 KD Revell Rd. Wauchula, FL 33830, website: healthystarthhp.org
- Healthy Start Coalition of Flagler & Volusia Counties, 109 Executive Cir, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, website: healthystartfv.org
For ease, you may want to make a donation using wish lists on Amazon, please click on the links below:
- Southwest Florida (Lee, Collier, Hendry, Glades): https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1GZUDAGJ8ULR1?ref_=wl_share
- Charlotte: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/3VWNP1TA2PBBG?ref_=wl_share
- Sarasota: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/D5NYMVC4GLRY?ref_=wl_share
- Manatee: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/X1GM4PGZZOU5?ref_=wl_share
- Hardee, Highlands, & Polk: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2R653751OP73G?ref_=wl_share
- Flagler & Volusia: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1BXNJHF2OWEKL?ref_=wl_share
- DeSoto: https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/2LQCA2M8GCBDL?ref_=wl_share
To make a cash donation, please go to the Healthy Start Coalition’s website listed above.
Healthy Start provides education and support for new or expecting moms and families with young children. Local Healthy Start Coalitions throughout Florida ensure pregnant women have access to care and improve maternal and infant health through healthy pregnancy education, child development education, breastfeeding education, women’s health education & support, and referrals to community resources.
FLORIDA ASSOCIATION OF HEALTHY START COALITIONS, INC.,REGISTRATION#: CH2025. A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE (800-435-7352) WITHIN THE STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION BY THE STATE.